Many For Honor fans are not happy at the game’s microtransaction pricing–both in terms of price and sheer volume. Now, publisher Ubisoft has responded to the feedback, at the same time as finishing up a new, minor patch.
When Redditor bystander007 worked out that, to unlock all For Honor’s added content–that’s emotes, outfits, and a few other minor items–it would cost you around $732, some of the community felt aggrieved. That prompted game director Damien Kieken to respond in a recent Q&A session by saying, “We never had an intention for you to unlock everything in the game. For us that doesn’t really make any sense.
“We applied RPG mechanics on top of a fighting game in a PvP environment,” the developer continued. “Let’s say in World of Warcraft, you would never try to unlock everything for all the characters. Same thing in any MOBA.
“We forecasted that most players would play one to three characters–and that’s what we see today in our game. Most players focus on one character, one hero, and others go up to two or three heroes. All of the design is based around that. The cosmetic items … for us, are endgame content.”
Judging by the For Honor subreddit, it seems the fighting game’s community is not completely happy with Ubisoft’s response.
In unrelated news, Ubisoft has finished up a new For Honor update that focuses mostly on bug fixes and other minor improvements–take a look at the full patch notes below. It’s unclear when exactly the patch will drop; all we know is that the Xbox One version “will be updated next week.”
For Honor Title Update 1.04 Patch Notes
General (All Platforms)
- Various bug fixes to slightly improve performance and match stability.
- Addressed the Conqueror graphical glitch introduced in the last Live Update as part of our ongoing session stability fixes.
- Added functionality to enable/disable invites.
- A player that is in a state that cannot be joined (Story Mode, Practicing, Loading Screens) will not be able to send invites.
- Game invite options will no longer be greyed out if there’s a free slot.